Monday, March 26, 2012

Crafting 101

Bottle Cap Necklaces For Craft Shows
One of the many challenges that I face when going to craft and antique shows is how to have something fresh and new that is appealing to people, not too expensive for me or them, not too hard to make or find the parts for. I am always looking. I may start a project and decide after 3 or 4 models that it just isn't going to meet my criteria. The jury is still out on this item, but I'm keeping an open mind for now.
Making jewelry starting with a bottle cap...(go figure...)

A 1" punch makes just the right size piece to put in the cap, but wait...

although you can use any kind of paper, I wanted more glitz...more bling...so...

I got another 1" punch that makes flowers...

cute huh?
Put them together along with anything else you like...
Then you have to mix this stuff...measuring exactly...I think I've mentioned before that I am not the kind of person you would want to build a building...I hate measuring...


but ok here's one with some bling in it after the enamel has been poured
now they have to "cure" someplace warm...like they're chicks don't you know...so they're on the stove with the oven on low.

and it's messy and you have to mix it twice...in 2 different containers...and it's messy





some more



Then when they've been cured of being messy then you put magnets on the backs of them

and put metal on headbands, necklaces, etc.
Well, like I said the jury is still out on this one...
So what do you think? Is this a winner or not?




No comments:

Post a Comment