Thursday, September 29, 2011

Getting It Right. What It Means To Me?

It Follows Me Through The Day

Since starting this blog that phrase comes to mind frequently. Getting it right...
Am I getting it right?
How right do I have to get it?(Doing the pictures and wording in this blog! grrr)
When do I quit redoing or planning or working at a project and when can I feel I'm getting it right? When I am cross-eyed and staggering or just staggering?
Is getting it right striving to be perfect?
"*** w70 9/15 p. 561 par. 13 The Blessings of Obedience Learned Through Suffering ***
To understand this properly, we must first realize that both in the Bible and everyday speech, perfection is spoken of in two senses. (1) When we say something is perfect we sometimes mean it is entirely flawless and cannot go wrong. It is fully developed, the finished article. That would be perfection in the absolute and final sense. Primarily, this is true of Jehovah. The Bible says of him: “The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he.” (Deut. 32:4) (2) Perfection, however, is often used and spoken of in a relative or limited sense, limited to a certain sphere and not going beyond that. A synthetically produced commercial diamond, for instance, is perfect for use in an electric drill, but not, please note, for an engagement ring."
It is the second of those that I am reaching for....fitting my purpose in life.
Why do I even care if I'm getting it right? What as they say is my motivation?
Maybe I've opened myself a can of worms. Sooo...I started doing some research.
I found some great quotes with the word "getting"..."The first step in getting somewhere is to decide you're not going to stay where you are." Author not cited.
2. to cause to be in one's possession or succeed in having available for one's use or enjoyment; obtain; acquire: to get a good price after bargaining; to get information
Synonyms;
pursuing
becoming
winning
growing
taking
Yep, it's about all those things to me. Not being satisfied with the status quo, reaching, searching, thinking, striving to understand what the right things are, not what others think is ok, cause that's their ok, but what I have found to be right and look it in the eye and not blink.
Not perfect and not self-righteous, just right. When something is right it sings and it fits everything it touches.
A candle placed just so...
Ron Marvin Interior Design
Returning someone else's property.
Loving and being lovable
Sharing life with those we love.
And worship

No comments:

Post a Comment