Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hair Today Stress Tomorrow

I'm getting stressed. It is time to get my hair cut again. This will be the third visit to my hairdresser and we aren't on the same page yet, however she and my hair seem to be communicating just fine so for two weeks after each cut I am pulling pushing and rearranging those independent strands that she has talked to until it is back with the rest of them or be like James Brown who says "Sometimes, you like to let the hair do the talking!" Seriously? I guess that works for him, but I like mine on mute.

Acabada de levantar jajaja - Animal -> Por: Angel Catalán Rocher! CLICK -> pinterest.com/AngelCatalan20/boards/ <- Sígueme!



I had a hairstylist that let me in on the discussion and between us we all got along well, but her schedule and mine don't jive so here I am fearfully laying my head on the chopping block again so to speak.
We have such a relationship with our hairdressers. Women I know bring chocolates when they come to their appointment. Others bring flowers or bribe with a BIG tip just so they can go home after their haircut and rearrange push and pull their hair into another totally different style from the one they just got.
But anyone who thinks hair is only important to women better get a clue. I saw a man not long ago who had his hair combed from just above his left ear over his whole head to his right ear. Who teaches stylists to do that trick? Does anyone really believe his hair grows like that? I look at those heads and then at the guy and wonder if he knows that horizontal stripes of hair and scalp make your head look fat.
Did you Know that:
While the scalp hairs are active for two to six years, and then they
rest for about three months those in the eyebrows and eyelashes, grow for about 10 weeks and then rest for 9 months.
-Scribed
I once had one eybrow accidently lightened and had to darken it with an eyebrow pencil for almost a year. Now I know why.
Awake 89 8/22 p. 31 Your Hair Can Tell ***
A three-inch [8 cm] strand of hair will give a six-month history, since head hair grows at a rate of about a half inch [1 cm] a month.
In fact, examination of a few strands of hair said to have come from the head of the 19th-century British poet John Keats revealed that he used increasing amounts of opium toward the end of his life. It is suggested that the drug was used for medicinal purposes, since Keats was dying of tuberculosis.
Awake 01 4/8 p. 27 A Closer Look at Your Hair ***
Q: What should a person keep in mind when visiting a hairstylist?
A: If you want to change your hairstyle, bring a picture of the style you want and perhaps of the style you don’t want. Frankly express your wishes and the amount of time you are willing to put into hair care each day, since some hairstyles require more attention than others. Keep in mind that it usually takes two or three visits for a hairstylist to get to know your hair and to establish good communication with you. So don’t give up on your stylist too quickly!
I have one more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment