Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Visit Sandra's profile on Pinterest.

I needed to refresh my wardrobe, after reading some interesting articles on the effect of buying new clothing on the environment I decided that I am committing to adding recycled clothing to my closet and I was pleasantly surprised at what I found recently at a local resale shop. 
A brown tweed skirt that matches a top and a couple of my favorite scarves.
 

Add knee height boots and I have a couple outfits easy to throw together.

A black top and plaid black and white a-line skirt that are perfect for the winter months. There aren't many winter clothes available in January right when I am running out of ideas of how to put together the same old stuff. AGAIN! So adding these are such a lift for me. 
A nice little bonus was a handkerchief skirt for spring and a top that matches! 
 I'm  pretty happy with my new resolution to be more thoughtful about my impact on the environment, and it certainly was easy on my budget.
I am putting together a small list of things to look for that will be long term additions, classic cuts and styles that might be more expensive, but are wearable year after year instead of new things every season. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment