Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Visit Sandra on Pinterest

My parents lied to me.... Money does grow on...er..Plants.
I finally found a Money Plant mama(botanical name:  Pilea peperomioides) at a local growers and it was loaded with babies that I separated and put in their own pots.
Money Plants 
I found it at a locally for $15 as they were closing the section down for the winter. That was a great thing, because the $55 price tag that I found online was way more than I was willing to pay.
I almost lost them when I replanted them, though. I sprayed thinking they had some kind of infestation. 
White dusty looking areas were appearing. It turned out after doing online research that I was watering them too much. They are not succulents really, they do have thick leaves, though and I now know not to water till they are dry and the pots are light when I lift them.
They seem to do well in my west window and I turn on some plant lights occasionally to supplement the light during these bleak winter days.


No comments:

Post a Comment